Emma is a commercial real estate lawyer, assisting clients in the acquisition, finance, management and sale of core and specialist real estate assets, both in the UK and overseas.
Added to this she has specialist experience of the data centre, real estate finance and renewable energy sectors.
Emma’s spent her earlier career at international law firm Eversheds and then US firm Mayer Brown before holding senior lawyer roles at both Bird & Bird and Locke Lord.
- Over a decade’s worth of experience acting for data centre industry clients, advising during both the negotiation and legal transaction phases of securing space in data centres to create global networks spanning multiple jurisdictions – Emma has worked with clients and lawyers in 30 plus jurisdictions around the world.
- Broad real estate finance experience, acting for both lenders and borrowers on a range of financing transactions from new lending, to refinancing and restructuring, including for distressed debt. Emma spent 9 months seconded to The Royal Bank of Scotland during the GFC.
- Acting for landlords and tenants across the retail, industrial and office sectors, most notably advising on the letting and management of various high-profile central London estates and high value properties.
- Lead real estate lawyer on numerous corporate-real estate transactions advising corporate colleagues and their clients on all aspects of corporate transactions involving property assets.
- Specialist experience in transactions involving renewable energy assets (solar farm and wind turbine sites) including sales and acquisitions, funding and leasing.