Marilyn is a commercially-minded employment lawyer and trusted business advisor.
She helps her clients to comply with employment law and practice within the wider context of achieving their commercial goals.
She is a dual-qualified English and US lawyer with over 25 years’ experience helping clients navigate differing employment law frameworks and demands.
Marilyn has previously been counsel at Hale and Dorr (now WilmerHale) where she also worked on numerous cross-border corporate transactions and public offerings.
- Over 2 decades of employment law experience, working with the full spectrum of organisations, from start-ups to publicly listed companies.
- A unique blend of employment law practice with corporate and business law experience.
- Assisted numerous companies in setting up English law compliant employment and consultancy contracts and workplace policies.
- Guided countless companies through times of growth and expansion, preparing employment documents and advising on employment law compliance, as well as advising in times of downturn on issues including work force reorganisations, restructuring, and reductions.
- Provided corporate transactional support on various UK and International transactions, including advising on TUPE.
- Worked on numerous UK and US listings, including the initial public offering on the Nasdaq of one of Europe’s largest internet companies, with gross proceeds of $1.4 billion.
- Marilyn is also practicing psychotherapeutic counsellor and a published author. Her first novel Cloth Girl was shortlisted for the Costa First Novel award in 2006.