Introducing Conexus Law and this role
Conexus Law is a rapidly growing boutique law firm advising clients operating at the intersection of the built environment, technology and people. Our focus is on growing our Complex Construction practice where we already enjoy leading reputations in the Technology Infrastructure and Sports sectors.
We are actively seeking a non-contentious Construction and Engineering partner. Top of our “wanted list” are ambitious candidates (you could be a partner already or clearly ready to become one) with a track-record and some client following in one or more of the following:
- Clean energy and infrastructure projects
- Digital infrastructure and telecommunications
- Sports and leisure projects
- Transport and “smart” logistics
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Industrial and manufacturing
- Film and TV facilities
- BuildTech and Smart Cities
This is an exciting time to join a unique firm and play a pivotal role in its global growth and development. Indeed, for the right entrepreneurial candidate in any of the above sectors, you will enjoy the freedom to build a leading practice. This is an ideal role for someone both knowledgeable and passionate about the future opportunities in the above sectors. You’ll be in like-minded company here!
Our legal team uses leading edge technology so that our team can work in locations throughout the UK (and indeed, internationally).
“To build a law firm that enables talented and passionate people to achieve an exciting common vision, supporting them to build their careers and to do their best work, in a fun and inclusive environment.”
“To help our clients unlock innovation in the built environment and the digital world by providing creative legal and commercial advice in order to benefit our clients, our communities and the planet.”
From day one you will take on responsibility for providing exceptional, commercial and creative construction and engineering advice to the firm’s existing global client base. These include sports franchises and some of the world’s largest data centre providers. Conexus Law’s construction and engineering team are working on live projects in Israel, Spain, Canada, Netherlands, Iceland and the UK and have recently completed matters in the UK, Netherlands, France, Israel, India, Japan, Italy, Spain, Germany and Iceland.
With growth as a strategic objective, you will be expected to contribute to the financial and reputational growth of the firm’s construction and engineering practice including integrating portable business from your current role and/or network. You will be given full support from our marketing director to achieve this.
You will work directly with our Head of Construction, while helping to recruit and supervise additional lawyers. We are open to you introducing current or former colleagues.
In line with Conexus Law’s innovative approach to supporting clients with cutting edge sector and legal advice, you will also join the team developing and delivering new product and service lines.
Who are you?
Ambitious and self-motivated, you will be able to operate independently, as well as part of a team. You will have an interest in the ‘bigger picture’ at a business and global level.
By way of career background, you will be:
- 7+ years PQE with at least 3 years at a top 50 UK firm, or smaller firm ranked in Legal 500/Chambers for construction and engineering.
- Currently or recently in private practice as senior associate, of counsel, director, partner or equivalent – with a following but with capacity to take on existing Conexus Law clients.
- Experienced in some or all of the following in the last 2 years:
- JCT contracts;
- NEC4 contracts;
- FIDIC contracts;
- Development agreements; and
- EPC contracts.
- Experienced (with a track record) in some or all of the following sectors:
- Digital infrastructure;
- Sports and leisure projects;
- Clean energy and infrastructure contracts;
- Transport and “smart” logistics;
- Healthcare and life sciences;
- Industrial and manufacturing;
- Film and TV facilities; and
- BuildTech and Smart Cities.
- Track record in excellent client, matter, financial and people management.
- A commercial, entrepreneurial outlook to the delivery of legal advice using cutting-edge technology, flexible virtual teams and excellent client relationships.
- Able to operate across international time zones, including joining client meetings at non-GMT times.
You can be based anywhere in the UK because our hybrid model and use of technology means you are not required to work in a fixed office (although you will need to be available in person for client and selected meetings).
A competitive compensation and benefits package are on offer, dependent upon experience, and equity can be discussed.
Please click on the “Apply” button above to submit your details and request any further information, in confidence.
Construction & Engineering Partner (non-contentious) – August 2023