About Conexus Law
Conexus Law is a rapidly growing boutique law firm advising clients operating at the intersection of the built environment, technology and people. We are now ready to launch our next growth phase and are recruiting a finance assistant to support accelerated growth of our practice.
This is an exciting time to join a unique firm and play a pivotal role in its global growth and development. It’s a role that will grow and evolve with you.
For more on Conexus Law, our firm, our values and our culture, please see the accompanying Careers Brochure.
To build a law firm that enables talented and passionate people to achieve an exciting common vision, supporting them to build their careers and to do their best work, in a fun and inclusive environment.
To help our clients unlock innovation in the built environment and the digital world by providing creative legal and commercial advice in order to benefit our clients, our communities and the wider world.
We are seeking a finance assistant with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience within a UK law firm. The finance assistant will be an integral part of the finance team, working closely with the finance director to ensure the smooth running of the finance function. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of financial duties, including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, and assisting with the preparation of financial statements.
Candidates should possess a solutions-based mindset, be proactive, ambitious, motivated, detail-orientated, and self-sufficient with the ability to hit the ground running in this challenging, fast-paced and varied role. At Conexus Law, you will have the opportunity to assist in developing, maintaining and promoting of efficient and effective financial processes, systems and controls. This is a newly created role within Conexus Law and is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to be actively involved in a ‘New Law’ firm with a friendly working environment and a team dedicated to each other and our clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Accounts payable: Processing supplier invoices and disbursements ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timely payment.
- Accounts receivable: Generating and sending draft invoices and WIP reports to partners, generating and sending approved invoices to clients, tracking payments, and following up on outstanding balances.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with financial regulations and laws including the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Cash management: Managing and tracking the firm’s cash flow and assisting with client to office account transfers.
- Bank and credit card reconciliations: Reconciling bank and credit card statements daily and monthly investigating any discrepancies.
- Expense management: Managing the firm’s expenses, including employee reimbursements ensuring compliance with the firm’s expense policy.
- Financial reporting: Assisting with the preparation of financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- General administrative tasks: Filing and maintaining financial records, processing financial paperwork, and responding to finance-related inquiries.
- Timesheets: Ensuring staff timesheets are up to date and assisting teams with the editing of time recordings.
- Ensuring the finance mailbox is kept up to date and all queries dealt with in a timely manner.
- Identifying and assisting with continuous process improvement.
- Working closely with the finance director to implement new IT systems including an accounting system and practice management system.
- Experience working in a finance department within a UK law firm.
- Part or full qualification (such as AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) desirable.
- Proficient in using financial software and tools, such as Microsoft Excel, accounting software and database systems with an aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Law firm software experience advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentational) & excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of VAT rules helpful.
- Knowledge of SRA rules advantageous.
- Professional demeanour and a positive can-do attitude.
- Integrity and discretion.
- Team player.
- The ability to manage a complex and demanding workload and prioritise tasks and projects to meet work standards and performance targets.
- Good understanding of the legal industry and its financial practices.
Please send a short cover letter and a full CV by email to [email protected]
Finance Assistant – February 2023